Monday 26 April 2010

Mudbox: Attempt II:

Well today certainly has been a good day. I've been attempting to get the hang of Mudbox for the past couple of weeks. I was getting a little frustrated with it as nothing that I did looked like I wanted to - it looked like an attempt at something that could be what I wanted it to be -if that makes sense. However, today I had a sit down at attempting to create the head of the earlier black and white painted character. I'd already started, and what I was working with was this:


And after the past 5 hours I have miraculously turned it into what I basically head in my mind:


I am particularly pleased with the face, the hair however, needs work. I was unsure of how to sculpt it so just did some basics, and will finish it once I've had a look at some videos. The mesh is awful, but apparently I can import it into Z-brush and create a mesh? I shall see if this is true. Otherwise this was a bit of practice with mudbox.

***EDIT***
I removed the hair because it was distracting from the point of sculpt, which is the face.

1 comment:

  1. " apparently I can import it into Z-brush and create a mesh?"

    Yes it's called retopologizing...you could also do this in 3dsmax 2010/2011. (But having a close base mesh before sculpting is a nicer option (Sub-D level 0?) - then fix that to align with the new high poly after sculpting.)

    Then you'd want to bake a normal from the high to the low poly.

    Kris.

    ReplyDelete